VINYL SIDING REPAIR & CEDAR SIDING REPAIR
Cedar Siding Repair Naperville IL
1. Apply 4-inch-long strips of adhesive-backed Velcro tape to a window screen.
2. Peel off the backing from the tape and stick the screen to the outside of the window sash.
3. Slip your hand behind the siding course immediately above the damaged siding. Slide your hand along the wall to disengage the butt (bottom) edge of the siding.
4. Use a hammer to pull the nails holding the first course of damaged siding to the wall.
5. Pull down on the siding to disengage it from the course below, then remove the damaged piece of siding.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to remove the remaining damaged siding panels.
7. Measure a new vinyl siding panel to fit along the very bottom of the wall. Scribe the cut line with a combination square and utility knife.
8. Cut the siding along the scribed line with aviation snips.
9. Snap the lowest course of siding into the starter strip fastened along the bottom of the wall.
10. Secure the siding with aluminum nails. Space the nails 12 to 16 inches apart, and tap them through the center of the nailing slots.
11. Be sure to leave the nail heads protruding 1/16 of an inch or so. Don't nail the siding tight to the wall.
12. Where two pieces of siding overlap, use the utility knife to trim the end of the nailing hem and the back edge of the butt edge.
13. Continue to install siding up the wall, one panel at a time.
14. To snap the last-installed siding panel onto the panel above, use a zip tool.
15. Hook the zip tool onto the butt edge of the upper siding panel, then pull down and push in at the same time.
16. Slide your hand and the zip tool along the wall to lock the siding panels together
Cedar Siding Repair Naperville
(Repair Siding - Roof Repair - Gutter Repair - Fascia Soffit Repair - Vinyl Siding Repair - Cedar Siding Repair - Downspout Repair - Gutter Cleaning - Roof Vent Replacement )
Naperville Siding Repair is family-owned and operated right here in Naperville, IL. Since our company opened its doors in 2006, we’ve treated every customer like they were a part of our family. Other companies may offer similar services, but our services are the best, and come with a personal touch.